Braids were a stable part of this season fashion runway. Plaits have been a stable part of the African American community for decades now and we are glad to see it hit the mainstream. It can be done in a classy sophisticated way or into an edgy, slopy fun style. Either way these are fun and easy to try.
Below are a few pictures from Lux own ambassador Glamazondiaries styling her Lux-HairExtensions into a fabulous braided style. Enjoy!
HOW TO CONTROL SHEDDING!
At Lux-Extensions, we pride ourselves in providing you with preminum hair extensions of great quality using the best wefting methods. Hence, minimal shedding! We take extra care to decrease shedding by reinforcing our weft with extra stitching to ensure maximum use of your Luxurious hair extensions. Though our hair is well made and is made to last for months to a year; All hair sheds!!!
A few options to prevent shedding are recommended below:
1. Do not cut your weft: fold or bend and do not cut your weft, during the installation process.
Instead of cutting the weft before applying to each cornrow, fold as you go across the head; especially with single wefted hair.
Seal your hair extensions:
Weft sealing is highly recommended to extend and prevent shedding and extent the life of your Lux-Extensions. This method is recommended prior to first installation and shampooing of all hair extensions. We recommend using permanent fabric glue to seal the ends. Let the glue dry out then wash the hair before installation
Weft sealing is available upon request through our professional weft sealer: 1-855-589-4247
Why Purchase Quality Extensions?
- Allergies to chemicals and synthetic fibers in lower quality hair
- Desire a natural look
- No Tangling on Shedding
- Hair purchased from the store cost on an average $80 and up, Two bags is necessary for a proper installment which = $200-$250. This hair also has to be purchased at least 5 to 6 times a year which = $1500. Lux Extensions can be bought ONCE a year much cheaper and will last up to 2years! Beauty is an Investment!I re- used my Lux Extensions for well over 1 year! My fab hair stylist Joyce installed 28″ Peruvian Lux Extensions for the Lux Extensions Photo Shoot. I kept the hair in its original state for about a year. For the summer the summer Joyce colored the hair a Dark Honey Blonde. The hair did not strip, tangle, shed or even dry out! Amazing Quality!
Proper Extensions Care
Use Products containing no Alcohol or Sulfates (less product is preferred)
For shine, Use serums and non-oily products similar to Moroccan Oil and Biosilk.
For at home care:
- Use a Clarifying Shampoo to remove buildup, dirt, and excess oils and products
- When washing extensions use cool/warm water
- Do not wash vigorously, use a scrunching/up and down motion so hair does not tangle
- Condition with a Moisturizing Conditioner that does not weigh the hair down, My favorite Shampoo & Conditioner Duo is from L’Oreal’s No Sulfate Line
It is best to let hair Air Dry, Only use a Wide large bristled paddle brush or wide tooth comb or brush
Don’t forget about your natural hair! Some of my favs are Dr.Miracle’s Temple & Nape Balm and Nioxin’s Follicle Booster, these products keep your natural hair healthy and growing!
We had an opportunity to work with an organization called FEW and their founder Desiree Venn Frederic, in their LOOK GOOD DO GOOD campaign.
FEW is an amazing organization that encourages our generation to give back. FEW uses Fashion, Social Entrepreneurs and every day people for the purpose of getting involved in their communities. We love this organization/movement because it makes helping others simple,from their book and bag pack drives, to their fashionable photo-shoots, there are several ways to participate.
Visit them at www.fashionempoweringwomen.org or fewonline.org for more information on how to join the movement.
Photos curtesy of FEW. Taken by: Denisio Truitt
Tools and products used:
- Instyler, 1/2 inch ceramic flat iron
- Biosilk oil
- Redken forceful 23 holding spray
- Rack tail comb and section clips
Please ensure that the hair is product free; temperature setting on both instyler and ceramic flat iron should be set at the maximum when using Lux-HairExtensions (Malaysian Hair) and medium temperature when straighting your own hair.
Apply biosilk to hair (very small amount as not to weight the hair down)
Divide the hair into 3 sections; two in front and one in the back
Starting at the nape of the hairline (back of the headline), take the rack tail comb and part the hair horizontally
Take 1/2 inch of hair and smooth it out by combing it
Leave another 1/2 inch from the scalp when straightening to avoid burning; use the flat iron in a 90 degree angle,then use the Instyler and repeat the same actions throughout entire head
Upon completion smooth out with a pinch of biosilk and hairspray for shine and hold
Note: If instyler is not available you may use any hot iron device with a detachable or non detachable brush.